Friday, March 07, 2008

Bros With Fros

I learned a good lesson this week. Just because you have awesome hair, awesome uniforms, and an awesome name like Jackie Moon does not necessarily mean that you are going to make an awesome movie.

Semi Pro could have been awesome. It had so much potential. I think that was the thing that disappointed me. It had all the makings of a classic. The teal and the orange of the ABA's Flint, Michigan Tropics, a catchy song in "Love Me Sexy", the alley-oop. I even liked Dewey the Bear. But the movie lacked energy, dialogue, story, anything that could become memorable.

I guess what I want to say is that I like Will Ferrell. I think he is incredibly talented. And I want to thank him for the excuse to dress up in afros and basketball getup. And I want to thank him for reminding me that accessories are no substitute for substance. Next time, Will, leave it all on the floor. Thanks for the reminder.

The all-stars from left to right: Tim "Feed Me the Rock" Musser, Michael "Slam Jam Thank You Mam" Craig, Blake "Whitey" Hill, Squirrely Ned, Scott "The" Mann, Chis "That's My Real Hair" Turner, not pictured Robert "Bobby" Milam, and Chris "The Colonel" Sanders

No comments: