Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pot



What did YOU think I was talking about?

Ha!

Since CLAY has come out, I thought it would be a good idea to freshen up on my pottery skills. Because after you write a book called CLAY, you can be sure that someone's going to ask you: "So do you do pottery?"

Well, at least now I can say I have taken classes.

I took a "masters class" actually. (I knew the teacher, and it was the only time that worked in my schedule).

And let me tell you, these ladies (they were all ladies in the masters class) can throw some serious pots. Good Lord. I need to load some pictures of their work. (These pictures are from a retreat I led last year).



Check out the rowboat. Nice work!


All right. Everyone who is still reading this blog entry, raise your right hand and repeat after me. "I, state your name, will take a pottery class, someday before I die."

There. 

Seriously, the trial and achievement of throwing a vessel that can hold liquid is an experience every human being should have. 

I drink out of this mug most every day. And let me tell you, coffee tastes better out of your own mug. 


Listen, I'm giving this advice to you free of charge. The Sawtooth Center gives me nothing for rep-ing it. Find some time. Take a class. You'll be happy you did. 

And when you complete a mug of your own, let me know. We'll meet up. We'll drink a cup. I'll let you pick the beverage.  




No comments: