Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Ahhhh Parenthood (Part 1)

Art by Dave Dave

Anna Rose blew us away last week. Her teacher had asked her class to write their parent's a letter for their parents to read that night at parent's night.

This is what Anna Rose wrote:


"Dear Mom and Dad, 

Thank you for being there when I need you. Thank you for being the best parent(s) in the world. Thank you for making the world a better place for me. You are encouraging and kind parents. I would pick you Mom and Dad. Here are some words that describe you awesome, kind, encouraging and many more.

Love, Anna Rose

WOW!

That's a framer!

Now, before you start thinking - man, Ned and Lia must be doing something right - keep in mind our car conversation the following day...

That's right 24 hours later. 

We were heading home from the Back-to-School Bash. Anna Rose had been running around with her friends and didn't want to leave, but Lia and I had another function to get to so we had to pluck her from what she was doing.

"Where's my slushie?" she asked.

"I gave you money to get one and you gave it back," I said.

"So you could wait in line for me," she explained. 

"The line was 30 minutes long!" I answered. 

"That's why I gave YOU the money back," explained Anna Rose. 

"Well, sorry. I don't wait in 30 minute lines for slushies," I said. 

"Well I wish you weren't my dad!" shouted Anna Rose. 

"Anna Rose, that is inappropriate," scolded Lia. 

"I would have been better off if I was an orphan," mumbled Anna Rose...

It actually got worse from there...but I'm committed to keeping this PG. 

Ahhhhh Parenthood. We can go from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows faster than you can split a watermelon with a battle axe.


Yep. Rosie. That's what you've done. You've turned my world upside down.

...and I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

No comments: