Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wild and Wonderful Memorial Day












The Simpson Clan spent the Memorial Weekend on the outskirts of the metropolis of Hico, West Virginia. Can anyone say banjo music? Ha! Actually, the experience did more to debunk my horrid misconceptions of the state than anything. It truly is a beautiful place, chock full of world class climbing, biking, and rafting. We did the rafting. I wish I had photos. It was a blast! Please don't misinterpret the next few lines. But what really made the trip was that one of the boats in our pod capsized into a swirling vortex of terror! It was shrapnel in the water. I knew it was serious when our guide started to freak. Everyone survived, thank God. This one girl got slammed against this rock the locals call 'the vulture', but she fortunately popped out instead of under. She won't be shaving her legs for a few weeks. It was awesome! I sound like a sadist. I really am an awful person.

The rest of the weekend was not as violent. Minus one foray with a wasp, nothing near death occurred. It was yet another experience that proved my good judgment into marrying a Simpson. I truly married up. Lia is awesome. Lia's family is awesome. I am one lucky dude.










No comments: