Monday, February 08, 2010

Bowl-O-Rama 2010


We had another successful Bowl-O-Rama. With the weather and the short notice, I was pleased with the great turn out (of course disappointed that some dear friends couldn't make it). A great time was had by all. In fact, there was one moment that was so funny, I literally fell to the floor in a veritable gut bust. I can't really expound on what happened. It would get lost in translation. And it would be terribly inappropriate. Jonathan Murfee was involved. (If you know Murf then it shouldn't surprise you (1) that it was funny (2) that it was inappropriate.) Let's change the subject...
(JB, Dudley, Murfette and Murf in their finest)

So the Bowl-O-Rama was awesome. We switched venues to Creekside Lanes this year because of price and service. The folks at Creekside were wonderful to work with. I could not have been more pleased with the level of enthusiasm and leeway they gave me as I put this event together. If you are bowling in the triad - bowl there.
Team Zorro and Fish-head (Mark Evans and Ben Lambeth) came away with the Championship. The Bell family won the Spirit Award. David Erickson was the Master of Ceremonies. We also brought a cake for him (as it was three days before his birthday).
(Dave Dave being festive)

There was this little kid that was bowling beside us that asked me if he could play the next time we had the event. I said 'absolutely.'

Put it on the calendar, first Saturday of February 2011.

3 comments:

A Place Where I Put Stuff said...

A-Mazing. How can I live with myself after missing this event two years in a row?

Rich and Renee Erickson said...

And a good time was had by all. That's how it looks anyway.

I can hardly wait to get back to my good old Middletown Library and start reading my way through your book list, Ned. Many of them are old friends, but most of them are new. I love good reading suggestions.

mom

Anonymous said...

amazing stuff thanx :)