Sunday, June 05, 2011

The Difference a Week Can Make

Opening a pool is hard work. You never know what you are going to get when you peel off the pool cover for the first time. This is what I got last Sunday.


What makes the hard work worse is you get no sympathy. Anna Rose gives me impatience and no sympathy. Lia isn't much better. I'm like, You open the pool and see how it feels. She's like, I'll just call the pool guys. I'm like, I'd rather do it.

Then, I'm with some buddies on Monday, and I'm complaining about the back breaking brushing I've been doing, and they're like Awe Man you got it so hard. But really what they're saying is Dude, you have a pool.

And I'm like I know I can't complain. At the end of it all I get to swim. But inside I'm going, I need a little love here.

I know I know, it ain't coming. I have no right to complain.

By Tuesday, it looked like this. I know, pretty good, eh. Pools don't like like this by themselves.


This is Anna Rose and Lia the following Sunday. I've yet to get the Hey, Daddy, thanks for all your hard work. I'm not holding my breath either.


And then there's you. You're reading this going, Ned, stop griping. You have a pool!

My point exactly. No love I tell you. No love.


Oh, and by the way. Pool's open. You are all invited!



No comments: