Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ruffles


Here is an observation: Why is it that when a person sees a pregnant woman that person seems to forget all social norms and mores and proceeds to rub their hands all over the pregnant woman's belly?

It's pretty invasive when you think about it. (And I've done it. It's like a brain switch turning off.)

I've also experienced it - because the same phenomenon occurs to people who buzz cut their hair.

If you buzz your hair, whether you are meaning to or not, you are basically inviting anyone and everyone to run their hands all over your head.

Last week, I experienced a third type of unintentional intrusive invitation - I wore a ruffle shirt. We were at Sharp Top Cove, a Young Life camp in North Georgia. It was an unbelievable week. I had a great cabin of dudes that I can't wait to continue to get to know. And I can't tell you how pumped I am to be a new leader at FCDS - go Furies!

But I was not prepared for the chest rubbing I endured after donning said ruffle shirt. I felt like I was a sheep at a petting zoo.

It was a little creepy.

All this to say, if you are missing out on physical contact, do one of these three things: get pregnant, buzz cut your hair, or put on a ruffle shirt. I promise, it works every time.



No comments: