Wednesday, June 26, 2013

It's So Easy to Fall in Love



I get surprised all the time.

Like when Anna Rose and I were taking an evening walk last friday: "Quiet," she said.

I get quiet.

"Can you hear it?"

"Hear what?" I ask.

"Nature," she says, sighing delight. " I love the music of nature."

"Me, too," I say.

"Like, when the rain starts to fall. There's music in the rain."

"Where did you get a thought like that?" I ask.

She shrugs her shoulders like everyone in the world should have thoughts like that.



Or on Monday: Anna Rose and I were walking the empty Yard Cart back from the street, and I was singing the old Buddy Holly tune "It's So Easy to Fall in Love"when Anna Rose turns to me and says: "No, it's not."

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

She talks with her hands. "Well, for you, there were so many girls. And for me, there are SO many guys."



"So it will be hard to find the right one?" I say, trying to finish her thought.

"I mean, how am I possibly going to find my one and only?"

"I see what you mean," I say, seeing what she means. I put my arms around her. "You know, I fell in love with you the first minute I saw you."

"Daddy," she said, smiling, "I know that for a fact."






No comments: