Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Oonie Koonie Cha!



Three years ago, my daughter attended this Winston-Salem tradition. Camp Oonie Koonie ChaOonie Koonie Cha, run by five Music Care teachers from the area, is on the surface what you might imagine it would be: a music camp. Dull. Boring, right?

Well, I was blown away. This was hands down one of the best camps I'd ever seen. The next year, I ran into one of the ladies and told her so. The long and the short of the conversation led to me being invited to audition for her role (she was retiring after 15 years!). Well, low and behold I got the job.


So for two weeks this summer I was not Ned, not Daddy, but Shnivel the Pirate. Wow! I now have an even greater appreciation for all preschool through second grade teachers. I was whupped. But boy oh boy did I have fun.

Thank you Beth, Amy, Amy, Claire, and Sandy for taking a chance on me. As well as Serah, Josh, Kelsey, and my other partners in crime who made this summer so fun for the kids of Winston-Salem and beyond.

Next year's theme is DINOSAURS. Hope to see you all there! Go to Oonie Koonie Cha to see pictures and learn more.




1 comment:

Frackadelic said...

It was our lucky day when you decided to share your talents with us! Our hope is that with new talented folks coming on board, like you, Josh, Serah and Kelsey, Camp OKC will inspire a love for music in the lives of children for many years to come! Beth