Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Toga Olympics


You were made for this…that's what we say at Young Life. It's not really Young Life we're talking about. Not exactly Toga Olympics either. Or jousting with wacky noodles covered with shaving cream. Or singing Enrique Iglesias songs loud and out of key. Not even relationships, though relationships are worth more than gold. 

I mean it, gold is nothing compared to Zeus and Hercules here. I love these guys. 


The honest truth is I was made for this. I'm thirty-eight (for another week), got a wife, two kids, I'm sore when I wake up, my eyes get glassy around 9:30, and I'm wearing a Toga with teams on it like the North Stars and Whalers that don't even exist anymore. And there's nowhere else I'd rather be and nothing else I'd rather be doing. Because it's not Young Life or togas or games or singing - it's life. LIFE - and a host of other words that mean everything to me - like freedom and meaning and love - and most of all and above all and really all there is to it - it's Jesus I was made for. And so were you.



No comments: