Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Backseat Conversations






We were on the way to school, heading down Robinhood on the way to Silas Creek, when I overheard the conversation that was going on between Anna Rose and Dave Dave in the backseat. 

"Dave Dave," said Anna Rose, "what's the meaning of life?"

I turned down the radio so I could listen. 

"To be the me God says I am," said Dave Dave without hesitation. 

"No," said Anna Rose, "It's to become the person God created you to be."

Dave Dave kind of looked at her like isn't that what I said, which it was.

"We all have unique personalities. That makes us all one of a kind," continued Anna Rose, "so we need to be ourselves because no one else is going to do it."

"That's the meaning of life," said Dave Dave, "To be who Jesus made you to be."

I chimed in at this point and said to them, "Guys, those are about the best answers I've ever heard..."



I turned onto Silas Creek feeling about as proud as I have ever felt in my life. 


Friends, I have done a lot of things wrong, but could it be that somehow I did something right?



Anna Rose and Dave Dave - always remember to be the you God says you are - and I'll promise to do my best to do the same thing. 




No comments: