Monday, June 19, 2017

Update Week of June 12


This week has been a bunch of organizing and planning. As seen above, I have been updating our website. In the next few weeks, I'll be posting updates on the Class of 2016-17 page as well as adding in a Class of 2017-18 page!

I have also added in a What Sets Us Apart. Check it out and explore! wsfellows.com

Turning the page

I took a big step this week and erased the whiteboard.



 

For those of you who wonder what a Fellows Director does in the summer - that's quite a visual!

Fortunately, I am not alone in getting it done. We have got a great program committee and lots of friends. But don't be surprised if you get a call from me!

The Truth

David, Noah, and Ned left to right
I had a lot of fun getting interviewed by two great guys, Noah and Davis, at Stu Epperson Jr.'s Truth Network Radio Station.

I don't think it has been broadcasted yet. I'll let you know!

Thanks Stu for the radio time!

(He won't want me to tell you this story but last week Stu was in the Dollar Tree and saw they were selling Bibles. He got so fired up about a Priceless Book being sold for a dollar - he bought all of them. And then gave them away! Ha! Love that man.)

Recruitment Update

As sad as I am to see our inaugural class move on, I am excited about this new class coming in. Right now, we are awaiting to hear back from what we hope is our eleventh Fellow. We will take one more - so if you know anybody - please get them in contact with me.

Program Update

We have had some great developments, curriculum-wise. Dr. Jack Wilkerson and Dr. Clay Cooke have both re-upped for this year. We are also looking to add in Nigel Alston (for Leadership), Joe Moore (for Spiritual Formation), and Rob Alexander (for Theology of Work). See Bios Here

We are also re-committing to the Center for Creative Leadership after making some enhancements that we are very excited about. And just today, I learned that Fil Anderson is interested in teaching as well! Oh man! This year is going to be incredible!

The Triple

We had a triple birthday party on Saturday, celebrating Sean Henderson, Dakota Lee and Julia Lovett, all June birthdays.



Somehow I was permitted to share the couch with the birthday people. What an honor!

On the Home front

Grace, Georgia, Anna Rose and Olivia

Anna Rose is in heaven this week, also known as Camp Cheerio, with some of her best friends. Back at home, it is very quiet. Ha!

Lia and I continue to do well. We had one of our new Fellows babysit for us Saturday night. Extremely excited that Natalie Bayer is here and already settling in. 

For me, I had the chance to meet with some great people. Shout outs to Stu Epperson Jr., Sam Best, Dakota Lee, Jonathan Murfee, the good people at CCL, Dodd Drake, Mike Gatton, Nigel Alston, the good people at the Center for a Creative Economy, Natalie Bayer, Robbie Mills, and David Jorgenson. This week is shaping up the same way. Very thankful. 

Ways to help

- Pray for Fellows old and new, the Director and his family, and all the volunteers and contributors.
- Financial Support. Go to wsfellows.com/give  or send a check to WS Fellows 851 W. 5th St. WSNC 27101
- Contact us about hosting a Fellow or providing a spot for Round Table or volunteering to Mentor or provide an experience or service opportunity, etc.
- Set up a time to meet to learn more

THANKS!

No comments: