Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Update Week of July 1

Where did June go?

Hannah Blaine and Haley Westervelt meet for the first time!

The word for the week was MOVE!

Last week, after going ten years give or take, I moved out of my office at 851 W. 5th St. 

Next to Jess Barnhill, I was the longest tenant. I wrote three novels, two non-fiction books, countless articles and launched the Winston-Salem Fellows in that office. 

I have met with dozens of people. I have prayed how many prayers? Thousands. 

Now, it is time to move on.

Last week it was time to move out!

BUT THAT WASN'T THE ONLY MOVE!!!

On Thursday, I was on my way to have lunch with a dear friend, Steve, when I received a call from another dear friend who said that their movers had finished early so she had taken the liberty of sending them over to out house!

Well, one cancelled lunch later, we MOVED!

Yes. 381 Dover Dr. is still on the market!

What a sweet surprise! Don Ross and his team are awesome (I will gladly give you his contact). We hadn't packed a box, but they had most of our stuff over at the other house and put away by 4pm. 

They came back yesterday (Monday) to do the rest. 

In the meantime, Lia and I boxed and boxed and boxed. Thank you for all our box suppliers out there - you know who you are. Thank you to all of you who volunteered boxes that we didn't get to. You all rock, too!



I need to take a summer picture. Imagine the same house with flowers and leaves everywhere.

OUR NEW ADDRESS:

785 Meadowlark Dr. 
Winston-Salem, NC 27106

Come on over! You are invited. 

David showing off the stairs

Last night, Summer and I had dinner in the backyard. I sent Lia and David away for a much needed break. 

Needless to say, The Fellows took a back-burner position the last few days. 

It's GO TIME!



Super Friends Hunter and Lauri Lambeth are part of a team helping Mihalis in Greece this week. Check out Mihalis' shirt!

In his honor, I wore Mihalis' shirt!


RECRUITING

Recruiting with Bubble Tea!
We had our first interview with two potential Fellows last week. One came on Sunday for her official interview - fingers crossed for Jen (on the left)

KEEP PRAYING! And keep sending potential Fellows are way. We are a little light on the guys at the moment - so especially send us those! We have some great job opportunities. 


JOBS!!!

HOST FAMILIES!!!

MENTORS!!!

Now is the time to let me know if you are open to be a host family or mentor this year. 

We are also looking for a few more job opportunities, especially in the non-profit sector. 

Please contact me if you have any thoughts or want to volunteer. 

GIVE

This Mojista wants you to give to the Fellows!


 Thank you to all of you who have given financially to the Fellows. We have a relatively small budget but we still need to raise a portion of it through individual donations. 

Honestly, I don't know of a better ROI in the non-profit world than the Winston-Salem Fellows. 

Please give today. 

Send checks to:

Winston-Salem Fellows
PO Box 20514
Winston-Salem, NC 27120

or give online at 


Thank you!


More PICS from last week thanks to the amazing Sophie Van Zant


Ryan Ickes finishing strong

The men rolling down Trade

I'm "leading" from behind

Making a move!

The fist pump

The fist pump in color

celebration

hugs all around

my prayer team

Dave Mullen giving an impassioned speech over Brick House in the background

a well-deserved applause for that

yep

the team

another

another

and another
Thanks ALL! Keep sharing the story and spreading the love!

No comments: