Monday, December 02, 2019

UPDATE Week of Dec 2 - THANKSGIVING EDITION

FELLOWS UPDATE - 
THANKSGIVING EDITION

Reiley Burris

"I'm thankful for coffee, slow Saturday mornings, music and hikes. I'm also thankful for Carolina basketball and everything Chapel Hill. Most of all - I'm thankful for friends and family - the people that I get to walk through life with, who continue to show me more of God's goodness, grace and love."

JM Dixon
"I'm thankful for the experiences and family that have made me who I am."

Haley Westerveldt

"I'm thankful for a year where building relationships is the focus of both my job and this program, for another year close to my family when I don't know where next year will lead, for time in my day to read, for patience, for a family that's welcomed me into their home, and for the many new friends that God's gifted to me this year."


Jackson Wood

"I am thankful for my relationship with God, my family, my friends, the Fellows community, my job, and god health."

Hannah Blaine

"There's lots to be thankful for, but most of all I'm thankful for friends that feel more like family! New friends (looking at you fellow fellows) or old, I think I've got the best in the world."


Greg McClinton

"I'm thankful for Chipotle and my mom. Oh. And THE WS FELLOWS!"


Sophie-Earle McCraw

"I'm thankful for everyone who has helped this new city finally feel like home, and all the support and encouragement that had brought me here. I'm thankful for the little moments of rustling leaves that remind me of God's presence. I'm thankful for joy that is able to overflow in all circumstances. I'm thankful for the ways I've already seen growth in myself due to how this program has pushed me."


Jessica Baker

"I'm thankful for my family and friends everywhere, but especially for the close community that has come from the fellows program! It is a great blessing to get to live life beside these incredible people in this incredible city."

Brianne Schapira

"I'm thankful for donkeys in Ireland and I'm thankful for rainy days in Cleveland Tennessee on the porch and I'm thankful for friends who are patient and gentle in loving me where I'm at and I'm thankful for the privilege to do that for other buds, too. And the Vandergriffs!!! I'm so thankful for the Vandergriffs!"


Jacob Pardue

"I am thankful for community and how great of a gift it is to build friendships in every season of life."

Mattie Weldon
I'm grateful for the fellows, both my cohort and the larger initiative. I'm thankful for the ways in which I'm been challenged and what I've learned alngside people I know will be lifelong friends. I'm thankful for the way Winston-Salem has become home in just a few short months. I'm thankful for my friends both here and far away. I'm thankful for my family. Most of all, I'm thankful that God is good and His plan for me continues to be better than anything I could have imagined for myself. I'm thankful for His steadfastness in a changing world. I'm thankful for His kindness and grace and mercy. Honorable thankful mentions: good cups of coffee, catchphrase, already listening to Christmas music and Krankies hot sauce and honey chicken biscuit."

Hef Turner

"I am thankful for this job with the Fellows!"


Ned
"Yep. You're right. There'd be something wrong with me if I wasn't thankful. I can't count high enough to account for all my blessings. Thank you Jesus. You are good. And thanks to all of you who have helped me know him better and encouraged me to live this life to the fullest."


More Photos from the weekend...

A dog and his boy

dog couch

warming oneself by the feather

the bird


escaping the fort

Rare picture with Rebecca my niece

my bride

my boy

my girl

thumbs up for turkey



painted sky



her man

sky gazing

the canopy

sun freckle






bullhead mountain

how does this thing work

I think this is the third photo

mmm boy


Twenty-eight people and three dogs

the craziness

reiley bookending for us

Thanks all! Keep telling the story and spreading the love!

Stay tuned for a special announcement coming soon...

No comments: