Monday, July 23, 2007

Cheap Sunglasses


I am a strong believer in buying cheap sunglasses. In fact, the cheaper they are the better. And not only because they are cheap. Or maybe for the sole reason they are cheap. I don't know. There is just something about them. Maybe it is the China in them. I don't know. But the thing that happens with cheap sunglasses is that they last forever. They stick to you. I bought a pair last weekend for a $1.99, and I have treated them like crap. I even left them in my parents car. And you know what, they are probably in the mail as I write this. Because the harsher you treat your cheap sunglasses the more loyal they become. I was given this pair of Pink Kim Possible Sunglasses from my friend Gary Oberg. He gave them to me because they fell out of the trash in his car. And three years later, I still have them. And if you know me, you have seen them. I have actually stopped wearing them lately because too many people have told me how cool they look. Speaking of looks, take a gander at how beautiful my wife is in her $12 knock offs. That's all she needs to spend to be smoking hot.
That stuff never happens with designer lenses. You put them in your pocket and before you know it, you have sat on them. Or you left them at the restaurant, but their gone when you go back. My mother-in-law left her cheap sunglasses at this restaurant last week. When she went back to retrieve them the next day, they were there. And the hostess lady said she fended off three others who wanted to steal them. 9 dollars! If they had been real designer lenses, the hostess would have kept them for herself. So trust me on this, stick to the cheapies. There are plenty of other things to splurge on. So the next time you buy sunglasses, buy cheap. You might never need another pair.

No comments: