Sunday, July 27, 2008

A-Ro and Wall-E


Wall-E, I choke up a little bit just writing that little robot's name. What a magical afternoon! It was two Thursdays ago. After naps (Mommy had one too), we switched out diapers (just-A-Ro's) and were out the door for the late matinee.

We had been talking to Anna Rose about it for a week. We were going to the movies! I'm not sure if she entirely understood. But she did master the word robot pretty early on. And for a day or two it even surmounted A-Ro's perennial favorite word elephant. Even so, I really don't think she knew what she was in for.

It was so new...We show up at this enormous building and talk to this person through this circular strainer thing and he scoots us some rectangular pieces of paper between this glass notch and metal trough. This guy in this flashy maroon vest scoops up a huge bag of popcorn and fills this gigantic soda pop. And we walk finger in hand down this long hall. And the ceiling is so high. And it is all dark. And the screen, it is SO BIG!

And I'm taking pictures the whole time. I take one with Anna Rose getting the stubs back from the ticket-ripper lady. I take a couple in the theater (which I think may be against the law). I would point to Anna Rose and mouth "First Time" to those people who seem like they had a problem with flash photography during movies. It did the trick. We ate popcorn, drank soda pop. The eating and drinking was actually pretty funny because Anna Rose was so riveted the only part of her body that moved was her mouth. It was the most still she has ever been. For real. It was amazing. And she was silent...until the space voyage...the moment when she yelled "What's that?" Everyone turned. I whispered spaceship. She pointed and exclaimed, "STARS!" I said yep. Otherwise, she was mostly quiet. It was awesome. And to top it all off, the movie was great!

No comments: