Wednesday, August 13, 2008

8 8 0 8

We had a great time celebrating the opening ceremonies! I'm still in awe of the drum and box routines, not to mention the size of that one Iranian's head. That guy could seriously whoop me in any sport. Thanks all for coming!

Special props go to Sean, Christal and Cooper Giese for winning the coveted costume prize. Really, props go to all...Blake and Ashley from Mexico, the Edens representing Australia, Chavis for England, the Mussers for Kenya, as well as Ryan sporting the Tusker shirt, the Ellis's going all out for Germany, Sarah and (blanking on name) as the Jamaicans, Bobby and Debra looking fine for Italy, Ben and Jessica bringing it home for Djibouti, the Millers taking on the Iceland, the Steeles supporting the homeland of the D.R., and the Craigs as the good ole U.S. of A. Lia and I as the hosts were China. After much effort, I never looked quite Asian enough for my satisfaction (though I did enjoy wearing the silk pajamas from Victoria Secret (via Goodwill)). Ha! See you all in four years.


No comments: