Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Be Careful What You Ask For

My office is on the second floor of the Forsyth County Young Life house. It is a huge gift, and the price is right. And hopefully for them (and me) the investment will pay off with a large donation as my novels rise the New York Times Bestseller List. 

Until that day, I try to show my appreciation in little ways: replenish the coffee supply, carry the recycling to the alley, replace the toilet paper... Likely, office administrator Sallie Harrison was expecting nothing when she asked if I would be "entertainment" for her quarterly meeting of local volunteer coordinators (PRAVA - I think it is an acronym). That of course is where she went wrong. She should have learned by now, but one must never give Ned the opportunity to stand up in front of a group of people unless one really wants Ned to stand up in front of a group of people.














A week later, I show up in the middle of the meeting as "Fez", the Argenswaillen party-starter. (Sallie is the one in the chef hat.)

 

2 comments:

Lee said...

You're leaving me in suspense...are you making them do a line dance? What did you do? But it certainly seems you lived up the party, um, meeting. They do look entertained.

Rich and Renee Erickson said...

Is there more to the story? I'd like to know what happened after Fez appeared. Great picture.

mom