Sunday, June 21, 2009

Chez Fil-a

New friend and Chik-fil-a franchise owner, Raphael McCloud, put on a daddy daughter date at his restaurant on Knollwood in Thruway Shopping Center. I called earlier in the week to make reservations. A-Ro wore this shell ensemble; I put on my violin tie (once my only tie!). We entered hand-in-hand, were greeted by the cow (which shot A-Ro up into my arms!), and were ushered first to have our picture taken then to have a seat.

Linen table clothes. Rose petals. A harpist in the background. (We're in a Chik-fil-a!) A server came to take our drink orders. Milk and a lemonade. She returned for our orders. Kids meal and a #1. I t A-Ro told the story about the time I hit a golf ball at a perfect ninety-degree angle straight into a pasture and hit a cow on the tail. (I embellished a bit. There was no cow, but it was into a pasture at a perfect ninety degrees!). I also told her about my first birdie. A par 3. I had skulled my tee shot about 30 yards and worm-burned my second shot straight into the cup from about 100 yards out (no embellishment needed). She told me the story about this dried-up worm she found on the driveway. "I touched it. It was dead," she said. She told me her favorite color was dark pink. I said one of my favorites was the shade of her eyes. "Brown?" she asked. "Just like your eyes," I said. She batted them and blushed. I had never seen her do that before.

We ate our meals. A-Ro ate a sickening amount of waffle fries. The waitress brought out a sampling of desserts to choose from. A-Ro picked cheesecake with chocolate drizzle. (We're at a Chik-fil-a!). It came out in a to-go box, but we ate it in the store. They handed A-Ro a card and a carnation, me the bill for 10 bucks. It was then that I realized I had forgotten my wallet.

Nothing like dining and dashing on a first date...!

(I went back and paid)

1 comment:

Lee said...

Mmmm the number one...the chik-fil-a chicken sandwhich right?, waffle fries, lemonade...my exact order every time--not that I've had it in the last year and a half....

(P.S. Did you like the punctuation on that one?)