Monday, December 13, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

This entry is for Leela. We were sitting at the kitchen table a few days ago. She was looking glum. I asked her what was the matter. She said, she was worried that the kids weren't having a good Christmas. I said, Christmas is three weeks away!

She shared with me about how growing up she remembered doing so many fun things all December long. I looked at her and said, what do you think we've been doing?

So this, Leela, is your quick reminder of just a few of the wonderfully fun things we have been doing all December long.


We started out with the annual viewing of Christmas Vacation. Here are our hosts, Eddie and Catherine.


We were Todd and Margot.

The next weekend we had our marathon of Christmas Parties, Mistletoe Half Marathons, Parades, and IHOP (see my post from like two posts ago).

Then we got our Christmas Tree, put up decorations, lights...our house is the best one on the block, if I do say so myself.

Then you took our girl to the Nutcracker.


The next day you decorated a gigantic gingerbread man.


(It looked better than it tasted)


Don't you forget how Anna Rose turned her entire room into a Nativity scene during her "nap" time. It might be the only Nativity in history with a dinosaur!



Do you still think our family is not in the Christmas spirit?

Are you for serious? Here's one more picture for proof:


The yearly photo with the big man himself! Another classic. Leela, I hope you're satisfied. It's been the most wonderful time of the year.



No comments: