Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You Say You Want a Revolution?


I'm calling it my New Years Revolution: I'm going to play in a mariachi band! Just kidding, sort of. What I am doing is learning Spanish.

I'm devoting 2011 to it. I have a multifaceted strategy, so far so good, I think. First, I got Rosetta Stone for Christmas. It really is fantastic. I passed Unit 1 last week with a 74% on the final test. I can't say much. However, I am sitting on a silla as I type this. And my computer is on a mesa. And earlier, yo comiendo un sandwich.

Part 2 of the strategy is to juega some pick up soccer (or futbol) this spring.

3 is we are going to begin, probably in early summer, a weekly Spanish only dinner. I have high hopes for this: first of all, for some excellent comida; second of all, for some multi-cultural flavor; third of all, for fun and new amigos.

The big test will be in June when we go to Mexico on vacation.

It's going to be a challenge. One thing I've dropped is reading. Spanish takes up too much brain power. Between it and the books (there are currently 3 in different phases) I'm working on, my brain is already on overload. So I apologize if my reading list for 2011 is minimal. I'll pick it up again in 2012.

Adios!


No comments: