Monday, February 07, 2011

R U Ready 4 Dis?


The short answer, No.

She used to be a baby. She used to be a toddler. Now, she is...well, the scary thing is she is going to be a woman and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

This weekend I took her to Chick-fil-a for their daddy daughter date night. The food was chick-fil-a, in other words fried/delightful. We had a cute daddy/daughter kind of conversation. I got her flowers. We went to the mall and road the merry-go-round afterwards. We stayed out past bedtime.

But I made one mistake. The day before we got some perfume samples in the newspaper. I was like, hey, I'll let A-Ro put it on for our daddy/daughter date. She thought that was a great idea. But I'll tell you I was not prepared for a little girl to smell like that. She came running up to me with a hug and I almost fell over.


Not from the velocity but the fragrance. It was WAY to grown up. I'm not ready for a fragrance like that. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I'll ever be ready for a fragrance like that.

It was a slow down moment if I ever had one.

I've got to savor this while it lasts.


The pink and the cartoons and the costumes and the stuffed animals and the hugs and the kisses and the fact she thinks I'm a great dad, the fact she still calls me daddy...

I was reminded by that whiff, it'll be over too soon and before I know it.



I love you A-Ro. Always have, always will. Let's leave the future in the future and keep the perfume on the shelf, a little longer, for my sake. Please. I'm not ready.


1 comment:

Wheeler said...

:) great post, sir