Monday, March 28, 2011

Disney - Part 1


I'm not sure how many parts I'm going to write, but I'm sure Disney will get more than one. It deserves more than one.


As Sue put it, the place always exceeds expectations. And she should know - she's been there 11 times!


Well the trip certainly exceeded mine. Admittedly I came into it with rather low ones. Not on Disney's part, but on my families. Taking a 2 year old and a 4 year old and mashing them into a visually, emotionally, sensory overloading overcrowded situation and the results could be anything but stellar. I was wrong. My children handled it superbly.


One thing that I find funny - on the build up to the trip, it would come up in conversation what we were doing, and every time, at the word Disney, folks would begin handing out advice like it was going out of style. It was similar to the experience we had when Anna Rose was first born. Strangers would come up to you and start telling you how to parent your child. It was the same thing with Disney. Everybody has an opinion on how to make the trip great.

The thing is there are things you need to know. Like fast passes. And sunscreen. And bringing the Bob even though it is incredibly frustrating to take on the bus. And that if your child is afraid of things jumping out at her, then the Snow White ride, no matter how not scary it really is, is still too scary.


So for all of you who gave us advice, thanks. Y'all rock.


And most of all thanks to Rich and Sue who made the trip possible.


No comments: