Friday, November 25, 2011

Update on my Face


Scott and I pushed through the halfway point of No Shave November. This was taken on the Ides of November after celebrating Thanksgiving with the College Life Troupe.

I cleaned up the beard a little for Jed and Cecilie Macosko's 10 year Anniversary Party. What a great night. It was like Wedding Reception rewind. The love power point (except with photos of the kids). Dancing without the Chris Brown song. The bouquet toss but everyone was included (Victoria Secret gift card...for both the women AND the men! Ha!). Jed singing his engagement song "Cecilie Macosko Do You Like that Name?" A classic.

It also gave me the excuse to wear the old tuxedo. Then, yesterday, Lia and I were doing ourown Turkey Trot around the neighborhood when she turns to me and says, "You know Ned, you actually look kind of handsome with a beard." What?!? This coming from the lady who has gone on kissing strike because of my scruff! Well, all that's to say, even with the surprise compliment, the beard will likely be gone by the end of next week. It was fun. And itchy. And it's made me realize that I dribble when I eat soup...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it looked pretty good too.

Rich and Renee Erickson said...

I liked the beard, too, maybe especially the classily trimmed one toward the end. I just got up on all the blogs I had missed. A very good experience. love you, big guy

mom