Saturday, January 05, 2013

Review of Les Miserables






















Lia and I have been shocked to read so many mediocre reviews for this movie.

We LOVED it. This is coming from a guy who has seen the broadway production, watched Liam Neeson's non-singing version, and read the book. This movie beautifully captures the essence of Victor Hugo's masterpiece.

The acting across the board, with the slightest exception of Russell Crowe, is extraordinary. As my brother-in-law put it, they performed as if they had a gun to their head.

I was blown away.

Please, do yourself a favor and disregard the critics. See this movie. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll clap at the end. (I did)

Go. Let the story stir your soul.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ned, I'm anxious for Les Mis to open in Cebu so we can go see it. I've read it and have seen it on stage...
Thanks for the review! ~ Kelli

Bob Mills said...

Cathy and I loved it too, Ned. We'd seen Broadway productions as well, and the TV miniseries.

My favorite movie of the Christmas season was Silver LInings Playbook. My biggest disappointment was The Hobbit. After about 30 minutes of battle scenes, I felt like I'd gotten lost in a super-sized video game.

Kim said...

Agree wholeheartedly. I've seen the broadway many times, and read the book (in french, to boot). This is a great film. Some people just have to complain about everything.