Thursday, January 03, 2013

Christmas Gifts

Anna Rose wanted a Jeep for Christmas. It was a big thing to ask for. Santa said, "Talk to your parents." Lia, by far the most generous person in the family, said no way. I said, we'd think about it. 

Growing up, I never got anything like a Jeep for Christmas. No mark on my parents. They gave great presents. Just Jeeps weren't one of them. I wasn't sure if we were parents that gave gifts like Jeeps either. 

They're so big and have so many parts to put together and are not cheap. (No matter what sheep say...see sheep for reference) But the request kept gnawing at me. Not Anna Rose, no gnawing there. It was the idea of giving a gift that was like the kind of gifts God has given me. 


Gifts that are big and require a lot of work behind the scenes and cost a lot.

Could that be the true meaning of Christmas? 


No comments: