Tuesday, March 05, 2013

My New Friends from New Providence

Just returning from an incredible weekend with my new friends from New Providence, NJ.

I had the true honor of speaking to my middle school youth pastor's church (this is twenty-three years back y'all). We reconnected a few years ago, and I can't tell you how cool it was to hang out with him again. Mike Flavin, you are the man.

One of the many cool cats I had the privilege of chilling with. (It was seriously like 5 degrees)

Never one to be unambitious - I set out to answer life's two most important questions: who am I? and why am I here? It was a quite a bit to bite off, but hey, why shoot for less?




Here's me and Mike.

So now you know where I get it....

He wasn't the only dead head (see below)...get it? Pretty funny. I didn't come up with it.


The camp was located directly next to Bushkill Falls, one of the prettiest places in America. I snuck into the park and took a few pics. If you are ever in the area, be sure to check them out. (And pay an extra $7 bucks for me)


We spent Saturday morning thinking about how we have been shaped. For those of you who don't know, I've written a book called Clay that will be coming out later this year. It was a lot of fun to share some of the story with these new friends. 



One molded a mini-Ned for me! Bubble butt and all. It's now waving at me in my office! Thanks Jeremy.

Thank you everyone. I have never felt more appreciated.

Till we meet again. Keep stepping into the promise.



1 comment:

Jen said...

Lucky you getting to hang out w/ Flav! : )