Monday, April 21, 2014

Surfs Up


Appearances can be deceiving. According to my appearance in this picture, it appears as if I was having a good time while I was learning to surf. Perhaps from this picture it appears as if I actually caught a wave. 

The truth is while I paddled after my brothers in law, all I could think about was not dying. But while I was focusing on not dying, a wave miraculously caught me! It was a boogie board ride like none other until I tried to position my feet under me and then - well, the expected carnage ensued. 

The surf won that day. But it wasn't a complete victory. Because I might have swallowed enough saltwater to preserve my insides for 100 years, but I also caught the bug. 

my gnarly brothers in law. man, can they shred

I'll be back, you waves of fury. I may never tame you. But my surfing days are not over yet. 

No comments: