Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thermostat


Have you noticed this phenomenon? How kids don't get cold at the beach. I don't get it. 

Last December, in Charleston, our kids went nuts on Folly Beach. I thought it might have been an aberration. We were with friends. It was a sunny day. We hadn't been to the ocean in awhile. 

it was a perfect day. perfect friends. weather unseasonably warm.

A-Ro looks a bit too old for my liking in this picture

Dave Dave being Dave Dave

hope it's ok Cooper and Beth to show your kid in his skivvies

surf was up

But then we fly across the country to the freezing cold Pacific Ocean. We get off the plane. Drive twenty minutes to Caitlin and Todd's house. And two minutes later the kids are jumping around in the water in their street clothes. 


Crazy I tell you. I went in after them and froze my toes off. 


Didn't bother the kids at all. 


I have noticed that kids are made of a kind of rubber. They take these crazy falls and bounce right back up and go on like nothing ever happened...unless they realize someone saw them fall...then they come running to you with tears in their eyes. Case in point. Anna Rose "bumped" her head in her bedroom tonight. It took her fifteen minutes to settle down. Yesterday, she ate it at a friend's house. Not even a whimper. She didn't want to miss out on the fun.

Is water like that? It's so fun kids can switch off the sensitivity. Is that what's going on? Is that what's wrong with me? I've gotten too sensitive. I like my ocean water at a minimum of seventy-five degrees.  I don't know. 

I do know it was the coldest week in LA since forever. This was Lia's beach-wear for the week. 

hubba hubba
Keep posted. We've got more California coming your way!



No comments: