Wednesday, October 28, 2015

20 Years Celebration at Mission Emanuel

Jack Larson - the Man, the Myth, introduce the Nairobi, the heroine and patron saint of Cielo

Lia and I had the distinct privilege of being present for Mission Emanuel's 20th anniversary celebration in Cielo on October 19.

There were many highlights.

One being the facility. A few short months ago, I was part of the cement bucket brigade. This time around I was in a first class facility! Check out these before after March/October photos:








 
Absolutely remarkable. 

The second highlight was watching the DR students and staff in action. They planned, produced, and performed the whole evening with professionalism and panache to perfection. Lots of P's there. 


The third highlight was watching beautiful Lia take the stage. When I first met her, she would not have been caught dead standing in front of 250 folks - I don't care what nationality. She now speaks with a passionate calm that both captivates and inspires. What an honor to be married to such a woman!


The fourth highlight was the tearful embrace she received afterward from Dr. Sarah, the DR Dr. that Lia has worked alongside the last couple years. These pictures do better than my words will - so I'll leave it to pictures. 



More on Mission Emanuel later this week!

No comments: