Sunday, September 11, 2016

Could It Really By That Simple?



I read this the other day… “If your only goal is to love, there is no such thing as failure.”

Wait. What? Really?

Yes. Yes really.

Love is a gift, given freely. No strings. No agenda. No pre- or post- requisites.

It’s free.

Real love that is.

Real love is free.

The love I give so often looks more like a down payment. I offer this; you owe me that.

It sounds more like an “if/then” sentence. I add conjunctions like and, but, and or. There are complexities that compound the phrase.

Real love is simple.

It ends with a period.

No ands, ifs or buts.

That is the love Jesus offers us.

Even in losing – He won.

You cannot fail when you love that way.

You cannot fail when love is the goal.

It is that simple.

I didn’t say it was easy.

No comments: