Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Doug Wittenberg

Doug and I in October
Jen called me yesterday to tell me that Doug had passed away. The news nearly crushed me. I'm still reeling from it. Needless to say, please pray for Jen and the children: Louise, Stella, Jacob, Andrew, Micah and Luke - some of the most inspirational people I know.

I'm still making arrangements to be with them later this week.

I'll need your help to keep the Winston-Salem Fellows going while I'm gone. I know Lia will also need help back at home. Please reach out. Thanks.

Doug was my boss, my band-mate, and most of all my friend. One of the very best. He had the amazing ability to make you believe the very best about yourself. I can honestly say I would not be the man I am today if it weren't for the friendship, brotherhood, and encouragement of this man.

I love you, Doug. I know you are jamming with the angels right now. I will miss you. We all will. You left a lasting legacy. I am part of it, and I am forever grateful.



No comments: