Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Arnold


Yes, this is a woman. Her voice (a full octave lower than mine) may entice some to question the truth of my claim. But it is true. I think it is. Her name is Sheila - one of the bazillion jawdropping things/people I witnessed at my first ever Arnold Sports Festival last weekend.

"The Arnold" as people in Columbus, Ohio refer to it is an event like no other. This is from a press release: "Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jim Lorimer held the First Arnold Classic in 1989 as a one-day event. Today the Arnold Sports Festival is recognized as the largest multi-sport Festival in the nation and the greatest sports-fitness experience of a lifetime." Experience - yes that is the word. You just have to experience it.

Rich Simpson, Jeremy Logsdon, Todd Vishnauski, David Baker and I spent Saturday at the festival. We saw everything from the Squat Competition to the a World's Strongest Man event to Ping Pong (yes, even Ping Pong). The EXPO itself is worth the price of admission. The Sheila picture just doesn't do the woman justice. (By the way, take a look at the other people in the background. They're almost as jacked!) You have to experience her to believe it. And she was just one member of the eye-candy entourage plastered all over the 700 booth EXPO in the main floor. Oh, we also got to see Arnold.

I really don't have much more to add. You really should peruse the website. http://arnoldsportsfestival.com/

One thing is sure: I am going again though it may take awhile. As David Baker told me on the way to the convention center: "It took me five years to get over the last Arnold." Having attended, I now understand.

No comments: