Friday, April 09, 2010

Lillie's Friends



Last weekend, Lia, Anna Rose, David and I competed in our first 5k as a family. I'm proud to say that we came in first place (in the stroller division, of which there wasn't one). But still, we rolled across the finish line before the other strollers. You have to admit that's pretty impressive. As you can see by the picture below, Anna Rose and David (even Lia) were not as enthused as I was. But hey...who gives a rip about attitude...it's winning that matters (even if it means you have to make up your own division to do it!).

So anyway, it was a great event for a sweet little girl who passed away a few years ago from neuroblastoma. You may recall that we have very dear friends who have a daughter who is a neuroblastoma survivor (Kerith is the girl on the right in the picture below), Lia is her doctor, so you can imagine how this is an important event for us.

It was also a lot of fun. They had jumpy castles, face painting, crafts and a race for the kids...Anna Rose took it very seriously (see picture).


There was also an Easter Egg Hunt (which could have also been called something like 'A Parent's Worst Nightmare' or 'Utter Mass Chaos). The lady said go! and Anna Rose took off. 30 seconds later, I realized that most every other kid was being accompanied by a parent and Anna Rose had been swallowed up in the crowd! So as it turned out, it was not an Easter egg hunt, it was an Anna Rose hunt. Fortunately, I found her; several other parents did not (for the next fifteen minutes, the lady on the loudspeaker was announcing names of missing kids). Anna Rose found 5 eggs.

By the way, yes, I was wearing a shirt showing my insides...long story...

2 comments:

A Place Where I Put Stuff said...

Amazing — my favorite family of four. We miss you guys terribly. That redheaded young fella reminds me of my youth.
-Milam.

Andre said...

Lol, love the creation of the own category...hahaha...good one!