Sunday, April 25, 2010

Family Camp 2010.



Every once and awhile Anna Rose looks up at me and asks: "Daddy, can I live at Windy Gap?" I confess there is part of me that wonders why she wouldn't rather live with us, but there is another part of me that is glad she loves the place. It is a place Lia and I love as well. As corny as it sounds, we feel closer to God there. And to think that Anna Rose would choose a place that feels, even if it isn't true, closer to God, honestly warms my heart.


So last weekend we lived there. It was our local area's family camp. I had the privilege of leading music once again. I had great help this year from Chris Hinson, Ben Lambeth, and Jennifer Steele. We again decided to lead in costume. Jennifer Steele took it to the next level though I believe that Ben Lambeth dressed as Buzz Lightyear truly took the cake. (It was Disney theme...Toy Story might have been when Pixar was only Pixar, but we let him slide.) Blake Hill, Mark and Ginny Evans did a great job on program. Mark's Boris character...the Russian Figure Blader...was one of the most impressive displays of talent I have ever witnessed. Below is a great photo by Lia of Jimmy Glacier and Jimmy Riptide the Extreme Freaks of Nature...


My college housemate Andy Morris, his wife Laura and their two cute dudes Luke and Gabriel came up on Saturday to visit. (I forgot to take pictures...erg) Saturday night, Lia and I had a hoot with Charley Patten, Kathy, their children Laura and Sarah and their husbands John Reed and Jim. I love that I just wrote the word hoot. Below, David is having a hoot at lunch.


There were many highlights from the weekend. If I had to pick one, it would be Sunday morning, watching my little Anna Rose and her friends Hannah, Sarah Kent, and Ellie dancing to the music. This picture doesn't capture their or my joy. (By the way, yes, I am wearing footie pajamas. And yes, there is approximately two gallons of sweat sloshing around my feet.)


Come with us next year!

No comments: