Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Way


I had the chance to talk at church on Sunday.
Here's the link! (the passage was Luke 24:13-32)

http://www.hopepresws.com/components/com_sermonspeaker/media/20100411.mp3

this here below is the story about my Grandma...pasted from my notes

· Grandma...one of the saints…you won’t read anything about her, though I try to write about her whenever I have the chance…not that she was perfect…she suffered greatly, was tragically flawed, obsessively compulsively disordered…but she loved Jesus, and she knew he loved her…One time, she was under a great deal of pressure…so of course she started cleaning the house…at one point she began to clean underneath the piano…we actually inherited the piano, and I can tell you it has not been cleaned since…but there she was on her hands and knees cleaning underneath the piano, crying out to God…when all of the sudden she said that she saw this picture…she was in this pit…this miry pit…she couldn’t get out, the walls were too high, wet…the only light came from the small hole at the top of the pit…where she saw a shadow, a silhouette of a person, a hand reaching down…she grabbed it, he pulled her out, it was Jesus, he set her feet down on a rock…you may recognize this picture from Psalm 40…but as her eyes adjusted she looked out, and all around were brambles, the world was brambles, 360 degrees as far as the eye could see…thorns…and she couldn’t remember if she actually said the words or just thought them, but she said “what’s the point in pulling me out of the pit, if the whole world is brambles…there’s no path…” It was then that she heard Jesus say: “You are right. There is no path. I am the Path.” And he took her arms and wrapped them around his waist, he showed her how tightly she needed to hold on, then he stepped out, directly on the thorns, crushed them, blood, he took another step, directly on the thorns, and he turned to my grandmother and said, place your feet where I have placed mine…she said, he showed me how tightly I needed to hold onto him…

(the pictures are just because they are beautiful...taken by Lia)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten about that story. I always remember the picture of the broken vase with the light shining through.