Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Emails from China - 2



May 29th afternoon:

Leela,

This morning I made some instant coffee which actually tasted good. Then we went to eat breakfast. It was dumplings that you dipped in sweetened soy milk. Very tasty, and some funnel cakelike substance that you dipped as well.


They are having a festival here so there are lots of balloons. Everything you can imagine for sale. Including cars! Want one?

Saw the end preparations for a wedding.


We came home and grabbed tennis rackets, and played for a couple hours.


They have tennis students here (that is their major). I demolished them. So I guess if all else fails, I can be a tennis major in the middle of nowhere in China. They are actually good hitters. Just need a little guidance. Until then, the world is safe from their dominance. It was a lot of fun. We ate with one of them (Futichen, the boy) for lunch.


A full fish and vegetables. Very good. I stuck to the middle of the fish and left the head and tail for the others. I think my parents have set up an "open house" to meet their son this afternoon. So I'll be shaking a lot hands, and bowing, and trying my best to stay awake. It's 1:46am! back home. I've actually adjusted well. I think I just planned it out to be tired when I got here (which is not hard being on a plane) and my body rebooted fairly well. We are going to need to practice chopsticks. Otherwise you will not be able to eat when you come. Other than that, I think you will be fine here in China. People are very kind, and there is a sweetness about everyone. It is not a difficult place to visit. Tonight, we're going to a bar for some live music. Hopefully, I won't pass out from exhaustion. I love you.

ned

No comments: