Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Leap for China


I just got back from my second trip to China in two months! This time, Lia came along. What a trip. Although we did not come close to the 635 pictures that we took on our trip to Mexico. We did take a solid 257, which is pretty impressive since not one of them is of our children, of whom we take about 90% of our pictures.


As usual, at least as usual for me, I'm experiencing the challenge of trying to put in words a trip that was unbelievably great without just saying it was unbelievable and great. I also don't have the time or energy to put down every memorable and meaningful experience. There were simply too many. (On top of taking 257 pictures, I wrote more than 30 pages of journal.) I'm also ever-conscious of coming across like "look at us, look what we did." I have no interest in tooting my own horn.


Or gonging my own bell, so to speak.

So with these few entries (I don't know how many there will end up being), I hope to convey my appreciation and affection for the people of China. It is a beautiful country with beautiful people. Their hospitality is over the top.

Here I am learning how to drink tea like a Buddhist.

Just one example of how I was treated far better that I deserve, far greater than I'll be able to return if given the honor. (I did invite practically, no, every Chinese person I met to come to our home for as long as they wanted. I imagine not everyone will be able to take me up on it. If they do, I'll be in trouble! But hopefully, at least a few will.)

I've written too long...I haven't begun.

No comments: