Monday, August 23, 2010

Ramblin' Rosie


I watched two triathlons yesterday. Lia competed in the Ramblin' Rose. It's a cool event - a women's only triathlon - sprint distance. Lia did great, finishing 4th in her age group! The course was set well, so we could cheer for her multiple times, provided we jogged. It just so happens that I, along with Ron Burgundy, have been trying out this new fad called jogging or yogging. It might be a soft J. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's wild.

In the car on the way home, Anna Rose asked if she could have her own triathlon. "Sure," said Lia and I simultaneously. "I'll set up the course during your quiet time," I said. I didn't really, figuring she might forget about it. Nope. She was in her bathing suit and holding her sneakers when I opened the door.

Here is the pre-race interview:

The race:


She finished in 3 minutes 10 seconds. Here is the post-race interview:



Her best time was 2 minutes 26 seconds! Go goRamblin' Rosie! (We cut her off after three go arounds.)

Congrats to both my girls.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My heart is moved to tears, longing to see and proud of . . . both of your girls. Very sad not to have gotten to be with you more. You are all beautiful!

lauren said...

Congrats to Lia! Way to go Anna Rose! That was very impressive!