Monday, September 26, 2011

Redeemer Middle School Rocks


Recently, I was given the opportunity to hang out with the Redeemer School's middle schoolers for the weekend. In addition to playing in the band (that's JT on the bass and Jennifer Wolfe Steele on the mic) I was asked to speak. I figured what better audience to experiment with some Clay themes.



Is there any time more formative than the early teens?

I spent the first night talking about the things that shaped me when I was a teenager. You can probably guess how that turned out.


The next day we talked about what happens when we let the one who made us shape us.

The first time I looked at this picture, I was like, 'Shoot, I've got zero attention going on,' until I realized that this picture was taken after I had given them clay and told them to pay attention to it. Ha!

It turned out to be a very transformational experience. At least for the speaker. Thank you Redeemer for asking me!

No comments: