Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentines Day Part 2

For those of you who have read the book (and for those of you who haven't, it's just one click away hint. hint), you know that Valentine's Day has played host to several of my not-so-shiniest moments. So this year, I asked for help.

"Anna Rose, I need to come up with a great idea for Valentine's Day for Mommy."

She thought a while then shot up in her booster seat. "I got it! Let's make a huge card the size of a wall!" 

"OK."

This is what we ended up with:



Pretty cool. Anna Rose did the tracing. Dave Dave put on the stickers. I wrote the words. It was a team effort. 

We unveiled it on Wednesday morning. Thursday, Lia and I went to a winery for the afternoon. Weathervane Vineyards in Welcome, NC. The owner is the grower, wine-maker, and wine tasting guy. He does it all. He even bought a billboard while he was serving us.

If you look closely, the picture below is from another vineyard. We forgot to take pictures. 

On the way home, we stopped by Bojangles for a couple chicken biscuits. How about that for a Valentines dinner! Then, I was off to speak at Intervarsity at Wake Forest. Not the greatest romantic ending to a Valentine's week. But not bad either. The best love we experience is the love we share with others. 

Happy Valentines week to you, Leela. I won't double book next year. I'll try not to. One of these years, we'll get this right.



No comments: