Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Day 1 Greece Adventure

Here we go!

Greetings friends and families!

We are back home safe and sound from an amazing trip to Greece. Over the next week I will be posting pictures and relating a few of the many stories I could relate to you about our week in this beautiful country.

Day 1 Epic Day and Day of Fun and Love of Neighbor

Winston-Salem 6:15am
Drive to Raleigh
Fly from Raleigh to Philly
Fly from Philly to Athens.

Pretzels for all!

6 plus hours of lay over - back side

side side
the intrepid leader
laura likes to travel in cognito

We arrived the next morning and had lunch (Greek food is AMAZING Y'ALL!) and had orientation with Mihalis.

The man the myth - Mihalis

Orientation was serious business

The plan was to welcome a busload of refugees to our location and love on them for the day. We were a bit nervous about language barriers and cultural differences. 

But when I walked down to greet them as they arrived, three children ran straight into my arms and I picked them up, swung them around, and I knew we were going to be OK

precious


b-ball

jammin



groovin

craftin

it's amazing what you can do with pipe cleaners

beautiful

this guy single handedly kept the Americans in the epic soccer game we played

this guy was one of my first instant connections

this guy is one heck of a soccer player and a great dad as well
(I have been given permission to share pictures, but have been instructed not to use names or locations for safety considerations)

what a group!

We had a fun-filled dinner and after that came...

THE DANCE PARTY

I have never seen so many facebook lives going on all at once!

HA! 

We danced into the night until it was time to go. 

Clean up crew

I was really proud of the Fellows. They gave it all they had from 6:15am Monday morning to 11:00pm Tuesday night!

Kelly in her element

together-ness




Stay tuned - this was our LEAST eventful day...

No comments: