Monday, September 23, 2019

UPDATE Week of September 23

Big men on campus - WS Fellows started classes this week
WEEKLY RECAP

Lot of sweet moments this week. 

The boys house
MONDAY ROUND TABLE was at the home of former Fellows Garrett Briggs, Trent Hancock and Bryan Pardue. What a sweet moment to have Fellows alum care for the new kids on the block. Worship was awesome. Garrett, Trent and Bryan gave some great pearls of wisdom about how to make the most out of the year. I'm so proud of these dudes. What a blessing!

Greg and Reiley had a side bet on the Carolina/Wake game. Guess who lost...

go Deacs

Fellows love > than school loyalty

TUESDAY I worked on a few strategic partnerships while Hef loved on a few of the girl Fellows. Oh how I love having an assistant!

Mission Emanuel Fundraiser night. Lots of cross over connections. 


Including Bill Davis who adopted Lia several years ago. 

WEDNESDAY Hef and I knocked out some Admin stuff before Leader Lunch. 

Getting some work done with some Java from Moji

Leader Lunch was with Lanie Ehlinger, one of the people I look up to the most. 

Lanie is somewhere behind those flowers. 

she even made signs for us
she even enlarged her table for us!
The gang with Lanie

One fun connection. Lanie tutored Greg when he was at Wake. She has his name up on her prayer wall!

Lanie's story is so powerful. Of all of our Lunch speakers she by far brings the most props! Ha!

Bible Study. We kicked off our year long study of the Gospel of Luke this year. 

Greg found the garden
Greg also found the bottom of the net

Walking to the study

walking from the study

Thank you Bible Study Team: David and Shannon Rainey, Dustin Heath and Beth Hilliard!

THURSDAY was spent getting ready for Classes which began the following day. Also had a great bookend to my day: Breakfast with Steve Lineberger and a drink with Bill Hollan. How about that!

I stopped by to visit Hannah and Sophie Earle at work - I ended up running into Jessica as well!

FRIDAY we met over at Wake - THANK YOU RAEDON for going above and beyond on the parking passes this year. Wake Transportation doesn't get many props - but here is one! Ulyssia and Raedon - what a team!


Bill McClain our first professor of the year. 
A special thanks to Jack Wilkerson for arranging the room for us. Bill did a great job with Part Two of his Understanding Poverty course.

I did my best to harness Dr. Clay Cooke as we launched into some Theology and Culture.

Afterward, we discussed class and worked on our Ultimate Frisbee skills. Props to JM for laying out. I'm not sure what our chances are for the annual Fellows Ultimate Tournament, but I know we will give it our all.

 SATURDAY we had a field hockey tournament. We watched Wake win their fourth game! I got to meet Mattie's mom. And I tried to meet up with some Fellows that night but got plans fell through. Sad face.

This is as close as I got to a picture with Anna Rose
Mattie, Boo and I met at Moji

Eric wanted a picture!

SUNDAY. We did church. I also got wallopped in Hot Yoga

This is for the Fellows...

Where is Brianne?

Prior to joining the Fellows, Brianne was committed to going on a family graduation trip to Canada!


I tried to figure out how we all could go...alas. 

RECRUITING

What!? Already? I had my first conversation with a potential Fellow this week. I don't know if we will snag her, but she's awesome. 

If you know of anyone who you think would be a great Fellow - our application is ready to be filled out!



GIVE

We would love for you to join the team this year. 

Send checks to 

WS Fellows
PO Box 20514
Winston-Salem, NC 27120

or give online at 


Thank you! Your support is critical to the work we do. 

Our bowl overfloweth with chestnuts! We roasted some on Tuesday!


THIS WEEK

MONDAY ROUND TABLE with David and Shannon Rainey

TUESDAY Prayer Walk. Meetings. And CALEB MCKILLOP, Fellws Alum gets Commissioned to the NAVY!!!!

WEDNESDAY Meetings LEADER LUNCH with DR. LIA ERICKSON and Bible Study

THURSDAY Fellows Work Crew at Sam and Eggs Fundraiser. Meetings. and Prep for Class and Fall Advance!

FRIDAY. Class then FALL ADVANCE!!!


MORE PICS


We love Lanie!


I love Moji


And these guys!

And these guys!



And these guys
Thanks all! Keep sharing the story and spreading the love!


No comments: