Sunday, May 05, 2013

ISRAEL - Part 4 The Team

Here's our team (plus THE BEST PHOTO BOMBER in history. The girl, second from the right in the back. Internet, do your work. I must know your name! You rock!)


Let me introduce the rest to you...

Hunter -
A true visionary. How about this for a resume: born in the Bible Belt (North Carolina), lived in God's Country (Montana), and settled in the Holy Land?


I have been a fan of his for years, but now I can claim him as a friend (I will still keep my fan status card, thank you)

My appreciation has only increased since getting to know his beautiful wife, Lauri (they have a better engagement(s) story than ours and that's saying something) and their wonderful daughter Haley, who helped me stave off homesickness by giving me three hugs a day.  

Now I miss Haley!


Haley! Visit me with you come to America this summer.



Scott - 
One of my dearest friends. It was an incredible treat to be with him for the week.


He was notoriously late...for everything! On one occasion we left him! It was part because we were on a time table, but I think it really was to teach him a lesson. He says he was stuck behind a police barricade, but his email betrays him ; )


Bruce and Alysia - 
Bruce and I had a moment I'll never forget. 


Picture this: singing the Star Spangled Banner on a boat in the middle of the Sea of Galilee. When Bruce throws his arm around me as we belt out the final part... Priceless. 


My moment with Alysia came on the last morning on the terrace in Jerusalem. Thanks Alysia. 

 

Steve and Annaliese - 


Steve is a professional storyteller. Many years ago he and his wife adopted Hunter. Over the course of the week, I think they adopted us. And we couldn't be happier about it! My favorite moment with the Maddox's happened in Jericho. It was dinner. There was wine. And we shared some great stories. (I owe them one actually.)


Annaliese is a professional smile-maker. She put one on me every day.


Allison - 
I have another name for her, but I won't share it.


We go to the same church. It's called Hope.


We didn't spray paint it. Thanks to whoever did.


Check out the smile she put on that camel. That's the kind of gal Allison is.

Mary Hil - 
She was a Young Life gal of mine, and still she turned out amazing!


She brought a lot of fun as well as a horde of snacks. My favorite Mary Hil moment was actually a meal we shared before leaving JFK. By the end of it, I think we had pretty much figured her entire life out. Ha!


And despite being the youngest, she fit in perfect. 


Yousef and Nisreen - 
Zebabdeh (sp?) born and bred. They got married on our anniversary. Yousef has promised to remind me, and vice versa.


One thing I love is Humor is universal. It's one of the fruits of the spirit. Seriously, they'll discover it someday in some ancient scroll (check back this week to read about our trip to Qumran)


And last but certainly not least...

Rich and Nancy - 
They remind Lia and I so much of Lia's parents I began to call Nancy "Sue"


And Rich, "Rich"!


Nancy was my partner in crime. Whenever I wanted to do something crazy, I knew I could count on her to do it with me. Rich got himself in his own trouble. He asked everyone. I mean everyone he met how they would solve the Israeli/Palestinian question. It was unbelievable. He even got cussed out! 

Leela and Me - 
This is us clean.


This is us dirty. 


(Dead Sea blog entry forthcoming as well)

No comments: