Monday, November 28, 2016

UPDATE Year 1 Week 14

Thankful for these guys

Will Troxler
"I am thankful for a community and body of believers that long preceded the Fellows Program in prayer and preparation for the Fellows (both the program and individuals) and continually support and guide us." Will Troxler


Camille Stogner
"I am thankful for my family and this program." Camille Stogner

Christina Sandstedt
 "I am thankful for my family in Chicago, St. Louis, and Nashville, for sunrises and sunsets, and for praying friends." Christina Sandstedt


Dakota Lee
 "Thankful for gods plan being revealed through this year and for the community that has been strengthened through it." Dakota Lee


Sean Henderson
 "Everything haha. Life. Breath. Food. Friends. Nature. Family. Jesus." Sean Henderson


Alex Loy
"I am thankful for a home in Tennessee with family and friends who love me so well. What has made me extra thankful this year is returning from Thanksgiving break to a family (shoutout to the Sotos) and friends that have made Winston-Salem feel just as much like a home to me. Y’all are awesome. Also, I am really thankful for coffee." Alex Loy 

Reese Schaffner
 "New friends and community." Reese Schaffner


Rahel Tafese
 "I'm thankful for my aunt who is coming to the US in two weeks and the Winston-Salem Fellows." Rahel Tafese

Campbell Anderson
 "1. The support and love of my family. 2. The opportunity to do the WS Fellow. 3. (Most important) God's faithfulness to me when I am not faithful to him." Campbell Anderson


Julia Lovett
 "Thankful for friendships - new and old, the opportunity to explore NC mountains and laughter, lots and lots of laughter!" Julia Lovett

Jessika Kok
 "I am thankful for North Carolina, as it may truly be the prettiest state I've ever lived in. I'm also thankful for the wisdom of the old and the yearning for wisdom that characterizes each fellow in this community of believers." Jessica Kok


THANKSGIVING


I am thankful to be entrusted with the leadership of this program. It could not be done without the help of dozens upon dozens of volunteers. They make this thing work. 

All I try to do is be a blessing. And as my friend Nigel told me: you can't be a blessing unless you are a blessing. Which is true: I am blessed beyond measure.


I am also thankful for this big, crazy family that spent the holiday with us!


THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR

These Fellows don't know how good December's going to be for them!

A few things to be excited about:
- Wake Forest Love Feast on December 4
- Black Nativity on December 9
- The Annual Christmas Vacation Viewing Party - TBD
- The Annual Winston-Salem Fellows Christmas Party on December 19
- Christmas for the City on December 21


FINANCE UPDATE

We are well on our way but we still need your support. Take a moment to make your contribution today, on Giving Tuesday, or some time later this week. 

Send Checks to:

Winston-Salem Fellows 
851 W. 5th Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101

or give online at 

http://www.wsfellows.com/give/

 All contributions are tax-deductible and deeply appreciated. 


LOOKING AHEAD

Praying for the following:
- We have extended our first invitation to the 2017-18 Class.
- We interview with another candidate this Friday from 12pm-3pm
- Recruiting efforts. 
- Reconnecting with the Fellows after Thanksgiving Break
- Campbell Anderson as he continues to heal
- Solid family time
- Meeting on Thursday with CCL to plan second semester
- Round Table at the Chases
- Leader Lunch with Yasser Youssef
- Classes with Cathy McDowell and Jack Wilkerson
- The Mistletoe Half-Marathon on Saturday!

Looks like another great week!

Thanks all. Keep spreading the word and sharing the love. 



No comments: