Monday, July 02, 2018

UPDATE Week of July 2

Alex stayed at the Kimpton last night #livinglarge

Good morning to me! Alex Loy drove in last night from Tennessee for a two day work meeting with Sunshine Beverage Co. where she has recently been hired to be the Sales Rep for the state of Tennessee! Congrats Alex! So excited that we will be seeing more of you...

LAST WEEK

First of all, it's July! When did that happen? (Yesterday, Ned. Duh). 

Highlights of the week (aka what happened in addition to the zillion emails and texts and good old fashioned office work...)

Monday. Dave and I drove back from the beach, and I dropped him off at home and went straight into meetings. Shout out to Walter Robb! The man is primed and ready to shake things up in this city. Very excited for him and us! Then, a Camino meeting with Parker Richardson from Elevation Church. We have a cool connection: his mentor Terry Bruce was one of my Young Life guys! What a small world!

Tuesday. Had a great time with Josh Kelty from Summit School, and then sat down with a young woman looking for some career coaching and encouragement named Chanice. That meeting led to a surprise application to the Winston-Salem Fellows in my inbox the next day! Since then, we have gone through two interviews with her and are working on a formal interview this week. We shall see! 

Go Dolphins!
If you didn't know, Tuesday night is Swim Meet night in Winston-Salem...

Wednesday. I met with my mentor. Shout out to Fil. Then a business call over lunch and a spectacular meeting at the Winston-Salem Foundation that afternoon. Big things are happening. Stay tuned! Then, I had another call with a potential Fellow. Really great guy. 

Thursday. Was a busy day. Ran with my new bud Adam Jones (four minute miler Adam Jones!!!) Then Ashley Trewhella and I spent the morning over at Crossnore/Children's Home. We met with Sarah Howell-Miller and learned about the vision at the Foundery. (Big things!) Then, hung out with Adam and Owen at the farm. Then, I had lunch with Johannes Steffin which led to a double lunch with the folks sitting next to us because we realized we all wanted to talk about the same thing! What a cool deal meeting David and Beatrice with the Trauma Informed Care and Resilience Center. BIG THINGS ARE HAPPENING! Get ready Winston-Salem! That led to a great meeting with Joel McIver at Senior Services where we conspired for the Fellows to volunteer with S.S. this coming year. Then, a coffee with Julia Lovett's sister Katie who is figuring marriage (like we all are - or those of us who are married). Then, we prepped for our big Program Committee Meeting which went from 7-9:44pm. Whew! I have an incredible team!!!

Friday. Was more relaxed. A few more meetings, several emails, and then off to go fishing with my son. 

David caught eight fish in less than an hour. 

Including this guy:

hey!

Saturday. Was fun times in the mountains with friends. Then, a wild night at the Madhouse aka Bowman Gray. 


Bekah and Lia

Dave, Ben and Wyatt
Ned, Luke, Sean and Jeff

Sunday. Was church. Great to see incoming Fellow Andrew Miller in the congregation as well at Kate Donahoo lead worship (with her mom who is visiting this week from Houston). Then, lunch with incoming Fellow Mathu Gibson. Then, a killer hot yoga session.

Where is Anna Rose?

She is at Camp Cheerio...here is proof.

Oh how we miss you!


MEET ABBY!


Abby Holdsworth
My name is Abby Holdsworth, and I’m from the precious beach town of Wilmington, North Carolina. I come from a family of five, and have two younger brothers. I stayed around for college and went UNCW, where I majored in Studio Art. I spent most of that studying ceramics, photography, and graphic design. In 2014, I opened an Etsy shop called “The Brass Hammer” and have been selling handmade jewelry ever since. I minored in Spanish, which is a passion of mine that I’m always trying to grow in! I’ve served as a youth leader at Christ Community Church for the last four years, and have absolutely loved building relationships with the high school girls there. I value my friendships deeply and love hanging out with people. I love being at the ocean and I get super excited about small, beautiful things in nature.


I can't wait for you to meet Abby. She is one of the reasons why this upcoming year is shaping up to me an all time great!


 FINANCE UPDATE

Thank you for supporting the Winston-Salem Fellows. If you have yet to join the team. Do so by making your donation by check

Winston-Salem Fellows
851 W. 5th St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27101

or online at wsfellows.com/give


LOOKING FORWARD

We are still looking for Jobs for several of our Fellows. 
Opportunities in Service Sector, Non-Profit, Advocacy, Professional Writing, Physical Therapy, Psychology, Research, Education, Business, Ministry...If you have job openings that would be beneficial to be filled by talented, passionate, purpose driven, high performing, hard working individuals - LET ME KNOW!

We are also looking at taking on another Fellow. Likely a female. If you know of someone - let me know THIS WEEK!

We are also working with our church partners to solidify placements, to find host families and mentors. If you are interested in:
(1) hosting a fellow in your home
(2) mentoring a fellow
(3) volunteering in some other way. 
CONTACT ME!!!

winstonsalemfellows@gmail.com

This is the future - I think we are looking good!

 Thanks all. Keep sharing the story and spreading the love!







No comments: