Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Never Ever Again


If you have followed this blog at all, you know how madly, head over heels in love I am with my daughter, Anna Rose. She is the most beautiful girl on the planet. And she is growing up way too fast. It's part reason why I write these in the first place. It's my way to catch moments and hold on to them before they slip forever out of my grasp. But this one caught me by surprise.... 

Anna Rose has now lost four teeth. The first three were lower teeth. And their loss was met with celebration, a twinge of nostalgia, and a successful, stealthy visit by the tooth fairy. This fourth tooth, however, was front and center. 

It had been dangling for awhile. 




Anna Rose would show us the snaggle tooth whenever she felt like giving us the heebie jeebies. It made apple eating an impossibility.  And we were all looking forward to its departure. It happened on Sunday.

I had just returned from a high school retreat. She rounded the corner and leapt to my arms. I couldn't believe how cute she looked. 

She looked incredibly cute. I didn't realize what had actually happened until later...








I think it was actually after I took this picture at the pumpkin patch. I realized, Anna Rose is never going to look the same again. 

That picture I took that Friday before the retreat - the one she smiled for after brushing her teeth for bed - that was the last one. The last picture with her beautiful baby teeth smile. 

I'll never ever get another one. 






4 comments:

BearBear said...

My oldest just lost his bottom two teeth a couple of days ago! Your sentiments came straight from my brain LOL. Your daughter is precious!

Unknown said...

this is a wonderful blog ned. save it for her one day, she'll cherish words like these from her dad :)

Christ's beloved said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christ's beloved said...

this is a beautiful blog ned. keep hold of it, someday she'll truly cherish these words from her dad :)